The Changing Landscape For Sustainable Fat Loss
The changing landscape for sustainable fat loss is such that your current plan is not giving you the results you need.
Nutrition is such a young science, that what has been recommended over time will evolve into the complete picture for every strategy you need to not only reach your goals but maintain the results for life. Some areas will not change, however there are some important points to note in this space which you are probably not considering:
- Meal Frequency- You may be caught up in the hype of consuming six or more meals throughout the day in the hope to boost your metabolism and speed the weight loss process, however research is emerging that this may not as beneficial as you may think.
- Calories- The foundation of your plan is to get this area right, but you must understand that not all calories are created equally. In essence, it is an extremely flawed method to assume you are getting the most from your fat loss plan if you are solely focused on this area.
- Macro-nutrients- Whether to consume more carbs, proteins or fats is really in the spotlight to some degree in the media for those keen to shift excess body fat. Something to note is that your body is extremely smart and adaptable, so therefore if you do not change the structure of your macro-nutrient intake along your journey, you are well and truly missing out!
- Quality Not Quantity- Nutrient dense foods with a high biological value are what you need to focus on if fat loss is your goal. With so many calorie dense, nutrient poor options available in today’s world, you need to understand what food is worth to have the ability to make great choices on a consistent basis. Knowledge really is your ultimate power here!
- Intensity- What physical activity you choose to speed your results and preserve your metabolism is not nearly as important at HOW you perform that activity. High intensity is your best friend, whether this be cardio-vascular based intervals or high intensity resistance training techniques.
While anyone can provide you with a calorie controlled plan to get you some degree of overall reduction on the scales, isn’t it worth the investment to consult with a specialist that can preserve your metabolism, speed your results and educate you on how to maintain those results for life?
The accredited specialists are right here, so what are you waiting for?