Speedy Nutty Banana Porridge Recipe
Nutty Banana Porridge
Packing a soluble fiber punch, oats are an awesome start to your day and will actively work to lower your cholesterol levels. With a slow burning quality carbohydrate source, we add skim milk and fat free Greek yoghurt to provide an 18 gram protein hit which leaves this breakfast beauty weighing in around 400 calories per serve.
Oats are well-known for their health benefits, and create a perfect blank canvas for you to make a plethora of porridge variations that can keep you satisfied and fueled for the day in winter or summer. Seasonality can warrant swapping out different types of fruits within this recipe, however the creamy porridge base with the natural sweetness from the fruit and the crunch-factor provided from the almonds creates a very pleasing way to start your day.
And to top this off, its super-fast to make, and also bulk meal prep friendly should you soak the oats add the almonds just prior to serving to maintain their crunch!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- ½ a medium banana
- 2 tsp water
- 120g Chobani natural fat free Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1-2 tbsp blueberries
- Place oats and skim milk in a large breakfast bowl and microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Cut banana into chunks and stir through oats with 2 tsp of water. Microwave for a further 20 seconds on high.
- Stir through half the yoghurt and half the almonds.
- Top with remaining yoghurt, almonds and berries and serve.
For further information about how this recipe, or any of our other recipes can be modified or included in your nutrition plan to achieve your goals, be sure to contact our experienced team today!
We have no doubt that one of our plans will assist you to become better than yesterday!