Poached Eggs Perfection on Turkish
Poached Eggs on Turkish
Eggs are a great way to start your day with this recipe providing 18 grams of the highest quality protein source of any food, geared at maximising your recovery and repair capacity. To accompany this and balance out the natural fat content and higher calorie content of the eggs, we recommend using one slice toasted Turkish bread with a thin spread of avocado to eliminate the need for any butters or margarine. This ensures that calorie content is controlled well under 400 calories per serve, and a better quality fat is included in this meal
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Thin spread of avocado
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 20g baby spinach and rocket
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1 slice Turkish bread
- Fill a medium saucepan with water to a depth of approximately 10cm. Add vinegar to water, heat until boiling then reduce to a low simmer.
- Crack eggs into two small bowls. Stir simmering water to form a slow whirlpool. Gently lower eggs into the swirling water. Cook for 2-3mins then remove from water with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of cold water for 10 seconds in order to stop the cooking process. Remove from water and place on a paper towel to drain.
- While eggs are cooking, lightly toast the Turkish bread and top with avocado, baby spinach, rocket and tomato.
- Place poached eggs on top of tomato, sprinkle with seeds, chives and pepper. Serve immediately.
Be sure to subscribe to the Enliven Nutrition website to receive updates on all our new posts, including recipes, general health information, weight loss hints and tips, and the highest quality performance information available.
Because your results, are our number one priority.
Become better than yesterday with Enliven Nutrition!