Perfect Healthy Creamy Porridge Base
The perfect healthy creamy porridge base recipe has arrived!
Follow this recipe and we guarantee you porridge base will be perfectly creamy every time, ready to add your selection of fresh or dried fruits, additional reduced fat milk, or reduced fat Greek yoghurt.
Providing you with a great hit of soluble fiber which actively works to lower blood cholesterol levels. We have tweaked the usual recipe which includes heavy cream and full cream milk to lower total fat content therefore significantly lowering calorie content to less than 250 calories per serve (excluding additional toppings when made on skim milk).
Recipe- Serves 1
- 50 grams raw wholegrain rolled oats
- 125ml reduced fat milk of choice (skim, almond, soy)
- Cinnamon (ground)
- Add raw oats to saucepan and just cover with boiling water to re-hydrate and soften and let stand for 5 minutes
- Add milk to saucepan and bring to bubbling point being sure to stir constantly, continue for 5 minutes
- Add ground cinnamon
- Add your additional toppings of choice such as fresh or dried fruits, reduced fat Greek yoghurt, or additional reduced fat milk.
To find out how this or any of our other recipes can fit into your lifestyle contact our team of experienced nutrition professionals today.